Saturday, September 7, 2013

Out of Control

I broke down and started a garden this year. I was envious of my sister's garden and all the fresh produce she would share with me, so I did it. And it has been a great experience. Ryan, especially has enjoyed the experience with me.

Last week he went to check on the garden, as he has been doing frequently, and he ran in to tell me about our pumpkin. "It's growing in the middle of the bush, Mom!" Well, the bush is not very close to the garden. There is a window well and a tree between the garden and this bush. I went to investigate. Sure enough, a pumpkin was growing (and hanging) in the middle of the bush.

Fast forward to this week. As I checked on the pumpkin, I noticed that not only was it growing in the bush, but the vine is up and around the tree. It's quite the sight.




No comments:

Post a Comment