Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's the Little Things

My dad asked me what I was going to post on my blog. There are a lot of things I could post, but I want to focus on the good things in my life. Everyone has ups and downs. We've had some downs this year, but I have found that when I focus on the good and the blessings we have received, I don't get carried away with the struggles. That is the reason I started this blog, so that I can think more intently about the good happening all around me.

I love my husband. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves and cares for me and our children. He puts us first. He works HARD, harder than I could have imagined, when he needs to. And he lives and teaches our children the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love each of my children. Sure they bring out the best and the worst in me, but they also help me to grow into a better person each day. My children have all come with their talents, habits, quirks, you name it. They are all unique and wonderful. They make me smile every day.

We are blessed to be surrounded by our family who lift us and love us. Our children love to spend time with extended family and they learn from them. I know that I wouldn't be able to raise my children very well without all the good family in our lives. (Even those that live a little further away.) My children will be better people because of all their aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas, and cousins, who help them to see life from a different perspective.

I don't know who will read this, if anyone, but I know this blog will force me to focus more on the little things in my life that make me happy.


1 comment:

  1. I will read it! I love getting updates about your family. Wished we lived closer. Taylor suggested seeing if any of our family wants to move to Buffalo. Interested?

    ReplyDelete