Friday, November 1, 2013

Where I'm From Part 2


Where I'm From
Grant

I am from the pages I read, from box scores and Nike.

I am from wrestling and roughhousing, kids trampling through the house.

I am from the bent fence in the back, and the BYU lawn gnome.

I am from praying each morning, and dark-ish hair, from Grandmas and Grandpas, The Greenman’s, Nielson’s, and Kristina Belina

I am from lax laughing, and silly stories.

From Larry and Skedule and The Mudball Maniacs, The Squirrely Squinters and tree house trap doors.

I am from praying with my family before school, and 6 hour Sundays.

I’m from Provo and Brigham Young, The State of the Solo star, clean sin city, and Antimony.

From Potatoes that are baked, mashed, lathered in ranch and gravy, and chocolate chip cookies kept in Tupperware dishes with the heel of the bread.

From getting hit by a car while on my bike, moving from state to state, tripping and falling on my nose, and having same-week birthdays

I am from the top drawer, my closet (my cache), and under my bed, where I hide my candy from my siblings and keep my work from the past, so I can revisit old times.

1 comment:

  1. THese are awesome, thanks for posting Tristan! Made me get a little teary...

    ReplyDelete